Chocolate Frozen YogurtChocolate
I just found this frozen chocolate yogurt recipe at 11:40 p.m. If it weren’t so late, I’d make it right now. It sounds fabulous!
– 100 grams (3 1/2 ounces) good-quality bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
– 100 grams (1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon) crème fraîche or heavy cream
– 120 grams (1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons) raw cane sugar, preferably one that’s finely ground (you can run it in the food processor if it’s not)
– 2 tablespoons good-quality unsweetened cocoa powder
– a good pinch of sea salt
– 1/4 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
– 300 grams (10 1/2 ounces) plain Greek yogurt
Makes about 3/4 liter (3 cups).
How to make it
Melt the chocolate in a double boiler, or in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water, stirring frequently to ensure even melting.
In the meantime, place the cream in a medium mixing-bowl (preferably one with a pouring spout; it will make your life easier). In a separate bowl, whisk together the sugar, cocoa powder, and salt until no lump remains.
When the chocolate is melted, whisk it into the cream. Whisk the sugar mixture into the chocolate cream. Add the vanilla and yogurt, and whisk until well blended.
Cover and refrigerate for an hour, until chilled. Whisk again, and freeze in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
[Don’t have an ice cream maker (yet)? You can still make this recipe on a day when you’re home most of the time. Prepare the mixture in the morning. Pour it into a freezer-safe container and place in the freezer. An hour later, remove the container from the freezer, draw the sides in with a fork (the ice cream will set from the sides in), stir vigorously, and return to the freezer. Repeat every hour. The ice cream will be ready by dinnertime.]