Almond & raspberry flourless chocolate cakesChocolate
Bake straight from the heart to create these cute cakes that are deliciously rich and gluten free!
Ingredients (serves 2)
Light olive oil spray, to grease
55g (1/4 cup) caster sugar
1 1/2 tbs cocoa powder
30g (1/4 cup) almond meal
1 egg, lightly whisked
1 tbs milk
Fresh raspberries, to serve
150g dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
2 tbs pouring cream
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Spray two 9cm (base measurement across the widest part) heart-shaped cake pans with oil.
- Combine the butter, sugar and cocoa powder in a small saucepan. Cook, stirring, over medium-low heat for 5 minutes or until smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Beat the almond meal, egg and milk into the cocoa mixture. Divide the mixture evenly between the prepared pans. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until firm to the touch. Set aside to cool slightly before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the chocolate ganache, combine the chocolate and cream in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until mixture is smooth. Set aside, stirring occasionally, until the mixture cools and thickens.
- Spread the chocolate ganache over the cakes. Top with raspberries.