March 16, 2012
Easy chocolate mousse
No one can resist this decadent and creamy chocolate mousse.
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 250g good-quality dark chocolate,
- broken into pieces
- 1 x 600ml ctn Dairy Farmers Thick Custard
- 1 x 300ml ctn Dairy Farmers Thickened Cream
- White chocolate, thickly grated, to serve
- Place the chocolate and custard in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (make sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water). Use a metal spoon to stir until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Set aside for 15 minutes to cool.
- Use an electric beater to whisk the cream in a bowl until soft peaks form. Add to the chocolate mixture and gently fold until just combined. Spoon evenly among eight 200ml-capacity serving glasses. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 1 hour or until set. Sprinkle with grated white chocolate to serve.