What could be better than ice cream AND Christmas? Here are 2 great ideas that combine these two wonders.
Recipe serves 12
PREP TIME 25 Minutes
FREEZE TIME 360 Minutes
- 1 container Breyers® French Vanilla Ice Cream
- 12 mini peanut butter cups
- 12 pieces (1-1/2-in. ea.) thin red licorice
- Multicolored sprinkles or finely chopped toasted nuts
- Line jelly-roll pan with aluminum foil, then spray with nonstick cooking spray; freeze at least 20 minutes.
- Scoop Breyers® French Vanilla Ice Cream with ice cream scoop into 24 firmly packed scoops. Arrange scoops flat-side down on prepared pan; freeze 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, make ”ornament hangers”. Poke 2 holes in small flat side of peanut butter cups with skewer. Add licorice ”hanger” by pushing ends into holes; freeze.
- Press 2 scoops together to form ”ornament”; repeat with remaining scoops to make 12 ”ornaments”. Arrange ”ornaments” on prepared pan; freeze at least 1 hour.
- Roll ”ornaments” in sprinkles, leaving spot to attach ”hanger”. Attach ”hanger” by pressing onto top of ”ornament”; freeze 3 hours or until ready to serve.
Holiday Ice Cream Ornament
Recipe serves 24
PREP TIME 30 Minutes
FREEZE TIME 300 Minutes
- 1 container (1.5) Breyers® Natural Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 container (1.5) Breyers® Chocolate Ice Cream
- 1 cup toffee bits
- 1 wafer ice cream cone
- 1 piece (3-inch) red string licorice
- 18 hard peppermint candies
- 1 piece red ribbon-shaped fruit flavored snack
- Line two 1-1/2-quart glass bowls with plastic wrap, leaving overhang around bowls; set aside.
- Cut carton, with scissors, from Breyers® Natural Vanilla Ice Cream. Arrange Ice Cream on its side, then cut lengthwise into 4 slices. Into each bowl, press 2 Ice Cream slices, pressing to evenly line bowls. Repeat with Chocolate Ice Cream. Press toffee bits into top of one Ice Cream bowl. Cover and freeze 5 hours or overnight. Freeze serving platter 30 minutes before serving.
- Lift Ice Cream from bowls using plastic wrap. On chilled serving platter, press Ice Cream together to form a round; remove plastic wrap.
- Trim 2-inches from wide end of cone. With skewer, poke 2 holes in bottom of cone and push licorice through for ornament “hook”; gently press on top of Ice Cream. Decorate with candies and fruit flavored snack “ribbon” around side to cover seam. Freeze until ready to serve.