Love Struck Cupcakes for the Valentine’s DayDesserts
Love struck cupcakes…a simple and creative idea for the valentine’s day.
The cupcakes are pierced with cute Cupid’s arrow made of lollipop sticks and paper decoration, and garnished with heart shaped sprinkles.
Makes 24 cupcakes
Red Velvet Cupcakes
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1 Tablespoon cocoa
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup oil
1 cup buttermilk
1 Tablespoon vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1-2 oz. red food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line trays with cupcake papers.
- Lightly stir eggs in a medium bowl with a wire whisk. Add remaining liquid ingredients and stir together with whisk until blended. Set aside.
- Place all the dry ingredients in your mixing bowl and stir together with another wire whisk.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix on medium-high for about a minute or until completely combined.
- Pour into cupcake pans and drop the pans on the counter a few times to release any air bubbles.
- Bake for about 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Creamy Cream Cheese Frosting
8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup butter, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla
6 cups confectioners’ sugar
- Sift sugar and set aside.
- Beat cream cheese and butter on high until creamy. Add vanilla.
- Then, add the sugar in batches. Scrape down the sides in between each addition.
- And frost away.
To make these love struck cupcakes, you just need to insert a 6-inch lollipop stick through the top part of the cupcake papers.
You can use a toothpick to pierce through the paper on each side to make it easier to push the stick through. Hold the paper on each side as you push the stick through so the paper doesn’t separate from the cupcake.
Then you can cut out sweet little hearts to attach to each end.
Actually, cut out the hearts ahead of time so you’re prepared.
Attach the small heart to one end with a small piece of tape and cut two slits through the larger heart to allow the stick to slide through.
Cut along the white lines on the larger heart for a more feathery look.
Here’s a pdf if you want to download the ones made by bakerella.
Find out more at bakerella