- Prep/Total Time: 30 min.
- Yield: 14 Servings
- 3 cups torn iceberg lettuce
- 3 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 2-1/2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and chopped
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 small cucumber, halved lengthwise, seeded and sliced
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup honey-roasted almonds
- 1/2 cup red wine vinaigrette or vinaigrette of your choice
- In a large salad bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Sprinkle with almonds. Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 14 servings.Editor’s Note: This recipe was tested with Almond Accents honey roasted almonds.
Nutritional Facts 3/4 cup equals 105 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 195 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable