Healthy Coconut Double Layered Chocolate CakeChocolate
Healthy and absolutely delicious!
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Coconut Oil 2/3 cup
Cocoa Powder 1 cup
Coconut Milk 1 cup
Egg White 8 (Eggs)
Cream of Tartar ¼ teaspoons
Whole Eggs 2
Egg Yolks 8
Sugar 2 cups
Vanilla 1 teaspoon
Sifted Coconut Flour 1 cup
Baking Powder ¾ teaspoon
Salt 1 teaspoon
1. Heat coconut oil in a saucepan on medium heat.
2. Add cocoa powder to it and mix it well.
3. Remove from heat and let it cool.
4. Beat 8 egg white and cream of tartar together until stiff peaks are ed.
5. Keep it aside.
6. Add 2 whole eggs, 8 egg yolks, coconut milk, sugar, salt and vanilla in another bowl and mix it well.
7. Add the cocoa mixture prepared earlier to it and mix everything well.
8. Whisk sifted coconut flour into the batter until there are not lumps.
9. Add the 8 egg white and cream of tartar mixture to it.
10. Pour the batter equally into 2 greased cake pans and bake it at 350 degrees for 175 degrees C for 35 minutes.
11. Insert a knife into the centre of the cake to check if it is baked or not.
How to Serve: Cool the cake and fill the layers of the cakes. Keep one cake above the other to make a double layer. Then cover with frosting of your choice.
This recipe contains a lot of nutrition because of coconut oil, coconut milk, eggs and coconut flour. Moreover, this cake recipe can be garnished with some delicious fruits like strawberry, banana and dry fruits too.
Coconut has been known as one of the nutritious fruits and nuts in the world. The coconut oil, coconut flour and coconut milk added to the recipe adds nutrients like Potassium, Phosphorus, Calcium, Magnesium, Iron, Sodium, Manganese, Zinc, Copper and Selenium.