Chocolate Crepes with Nutmeg Vanilla SauceChocolate
Chocolate Crepes with Nutmeg Vanilla Sauce. Sounds yummy!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cupunsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp.butter, melted
- 1 tsp.vanilla
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- Nutmeg Vanilla Sauce (recipe below)
- Chocolate curls
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, 1/3 cup sugar, and cocoa powder; set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, butter, and vanilla; add flour mixture and whisk until combined. Let batter stand at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Heat a lightly greased 8-inch skillet over medium-high heat; remove from heat. Pour 3 tablespoons of batter into center of skillet. Lift and tilt skillet to spread batter and coat bottom of pan. Return skillet to heat; cook one side only about 121/2 minutes or until the top is no longer shiny. Invert pan over paper towels to remove finished crepes. Repeat with remaining batter, making 12 crepes total. (Adjust heat as necessary during cooking, greasing skillet and stirring batter if needed.)
- In a chilled medium bowl combine whipping cream and 2 tablespoons sugar. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form.
- To serve, fold each crepe in half. Fold in half again, forming a triangle. Place two crepes on each of six shallow dessert plates. Drizzle with Nutmeg Vanilla Sauce; top with whipped cream and chocolate curls. Makes 6 servings
Nutmeg Vanilla Sauce
In a small saucepan, stir together 3 egg yolks, 3/4 cup milk, and 2 tablespoons sugar. Cook and stir continuously with a wooden spoon or heatproof rubber spatula over medium heat until mixture thickens and just coats the back of a clean metal spoon. Remove pan from heat. Stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla and 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg or 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg. Quickly cool the custard sauce by placing the saucepan in a large bowl of ice water for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour custard sauce into a bowl. Cover the surface with plastic wrap to prevent a skin from forming. Chill for at least 1 hour, without stirring, before serving. Makes about 1 cup.
Per serving: Calories 371, Total Fat 18 g, Saturated Fat 10 g, Monounsaturated Fat 7 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 219 mg, Sodium 92 mg, Carbohydrate 43 g, Total Sugar 24 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 10 g. Daily Values: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 17%, Iron 12%. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet