A yummy, festive inspired creation. Cinnamon cereal hand-moulded into reindeer-head shapes, withcrunchy Nesquik antlers, and red raspberry noses.
300g Curiously Cinnamon
150ml Condensed milk
100g Dark chocolate
20g Nesquik Cereal- approx 24 pieces per reindeer
6 Fresh Raspberries, strawberries or cherries
2 Baking sheets, or boards, lined with greaseproof paper, or tin foil
1 Plastic food bag and rolling pin to crush cereal
2 Microwavable bowls
2 Tablespoon spoons
Greaseproof paper piping bag or teaspoon
1.Place the Curiously Cinnamon in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin until broken into small pieces, do not make the pieces too fine, we want to make this crunchy! Place crushed cereal into a bowl.
2. Place the butter and condensed milk into a microwavable bowl, and heat on medium until melted. Mix together until combined. Add to the cereal and mix well. Divide into 6 equal amounts.
3. Using a spoon push one part of the mixture into the tablespoon to make a rounded top triangle shape, press in well to bind together and level with a knife to form a flat base. Turning the spoon over carefully slide the mixture from the spoon onto the prepared baking sheet. Continue with remaining mixture. Chill for 1 hour.
4. Whilst they are chilling make the antlers. Break the chocolate into small pieces and place into a small microwavable bowl. Melt the chocolate in the microwave on medium setting in 20 seconds blasts, stirring every time until melted, but not hot.
5. Fill the piping bag with chocolate and pipe chocolate into antler shapes on the prepared baking sheet/board. Or you can use a teaspoon and draw the chocolate into shape.. Before the chocolate sets press in the Nesquik to create the velvet texture of antlers. Best completed one at a time. When all are completed or the tray is full, chill in fridge until set firm.
6. To assemble the reindeer melt a little dark chocolate and join the antlers to the back of the head shape, adding 2 currants to make eyes, and finish by adding a red raspberry nose.