Christmas Themed Cake
The flavour base of this cake is Caramel Mud Cake with Caramel frosting.You can make the holly leaf the day before and place them in the apple tray to give the effect on the shape when they dry.
Caramel Mud Cake
250g Unsalted Butter
200g White Chocolate
450g Brown Sugar
300g Plain Flour
100g Self Raising Flour
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
3 Eggs, beaten lightly
1. Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease 20cm cake pan. Line base and side with baking paper, extending paper 5cm above edge of the pan.
2. Combine butter, chocolate, sugar and the water in a medium saucepan. Stir over low heat until mixture is smooth. Transfer mixture to a large bowl, cool 15 minutes. Whisk in flours, then essence and eggs.
3. Pour mixture into prepared pan, bake for about 1 hour and 30 minutes or until skewer poked in the centre of the cake comes out clean. Leave the cake in the pan until cool.
125g Butter, chopped
200g Brown Sugar
250g Icing Sugar
Melt butter in a saucepan. Stir in brown sugar and milk, bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, simmer and uncovered 3 minutes to cool. Gradually stir in the icing sugar until frosting is spreadable consistency.
How to assemble
1. Cut each cake into two layers and spread them with caramel frosting.
2. Ganache the cake with dark chocolate ganache. You can find the recipe here
3. Cover the cake with fondant and decorate with holly leaf and some pearl sprinkles.