March 26, 2013
This yummy chocolate cake is hugely popular in Lima 🙂 Would like to try….
Author: Morena Cuadra
Recipe type: Dessert
Prep time: 25 mins
Cook time: 60 mins
Total time: 1 hour 25 mins
- • 3 cups cake flour
- • 8 tablespoons cocoa
- • 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- • 1 teaspoon salt
- • 2 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- • 1 cup vegetable oil
- • 2 cups milk
- • 2 cups sugar
- • 1 tablespoon vinegar
- • 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- • 3 eggs
- • 1 cup water
- • ½ cup sugar
- • 1 teaspoon vanilla
- • 1 can unsweetened evaporated milk
- • 1 can condensed milk
- • ½ cup cocoa
- • 3 tablespoons hot water
- • 2 tablespoons butter
- Grease a ring mold, and cover the bottom with parchment paper.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- In a big bowl sift flour, cocoa, coffee, salt, baking soda.
- Make a well in the center and add oil, milk, vinegar, vanilla, eggs, and sugar. Mix with a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Pour in the prepared baking pan and bake for 1 hour. Let cool.
- Put water and sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil until sugar dissolves.
- Add vanilla essence and cool.
- Stir cocoa in hot water until dissolved. In a saucepan put evaporated milk, condensed milk and cocoa, cook over medium-low heat, stirring all the time, until the mixture thickens and you can see the bottom of the pan.
- Turn off the heat and add butter. If it´s too thick, add a little milk to it.
- Cut the cake in three layers.
- Pour some syrup on every layer.
- Spread fudge on the first layer, cover with another cake layer. Repeat.
- Cover the cake with fudge, and sprinkle with toasted nuts or almonds.