There are no half measures in Dubai. This is the Burj Khalifa, formerly known as Burj Dubai, the world’s tallest structure. At 828m, Burj Khalifa dwarfs the 508m Taipei 101 and the 629m KVLY-TV mast in the US.
The building construction was between 2004 and 2009, with the inauguration being on January 4, 2010.
The view of Dubai from the Burj Khalifa open-air observatory on level 124
The tower was designed by Skidmore, Owings and Merrill
Dancing fountains are amazing especially at night!
A few current records:
▪ Tallest structure ever built: 829.84 m (2,723 ft)
▪ Building with most floors: 160
▪ Building with world’s highest occupied floor
▪ World’s fastest elevators: 64 km/h (40 mph) or 18 m/s (59 ft/s)
▪ First world’s tallest structure in history to include residential space
▪ World’s highest outdoor observation deck: 124th floor at 452 m (1,483 ft)
▪ World’s highest mosque: 158th floor
▪ World’s highest nightclub: 144th floor
▪ World’s highest restaurant (At.mosphere): 122nd floor at 442 m (1,450 ft)
You might also like:
Awesome Underwater Hotel in Dubai: The Water Discus
Dubai part6-Desert Safari
Dubai part5-Malls-Ski Dubai
Dubai part3-Hotel Burj al Arab
Dubai Part2-Atlantis The Palm
Dubai part1-Dubai Creek-Dubai Souq
Top 10 Things To Do In Dubai